Standout Albums of 2016 (thus far)
It has been a great year for music. By some magical coincidence, all of my favorite artists have released excellent albums this year. Each one is a storytelling venture and requires a specific setting for its worship. Each sucks you in and triggers a catharsis. These are albums that I will without a doubt remember for the rest of my life.
Do yourself a favor and listen to them in their entirety in these locations.
1. Puberty 2 - Mitski: Your childhood bedroom surrounded by dusty scrapbooks.
2. Pool - Porches: Driving on the highway at 3 am while wearing a dad hat.
3. Freetown Sound - Blood Orange: Anywhere with room to dance like Dev Hynes.
4. Blond - Frank Ocean: Walking alone at night in a big city.
5. Cody - Joyce Manor: Listen to their single "Fake ID" and decide for yourself.